Order a custom. It's your surfboard... Talk to the shaper.
What does Kelly Slater, Parko and all other top professional surfers have in common? They all ride custom surfboards made by world class shapers. In fact ALL top athletes have custom equipment made especially for them. Bringing products to the mass market consists of overseas manufacturers copying designs for consumption. You don’t need to settle for an inferior quality surfboard. The best way to buy a surfboard is to custom order one just like the pros. Catch more waves, and surf like you never have before by riding a custom surfboard shaped especially for YOU. Check out Barry's most popular surfboards.
Whether you're new to surfing or you're a lifelong pro, a custom surfboard brings out the best in your surfing ability.
Designing your custom surfboard is easy, so don't worry if you have questions or you're not sure what you need. Just give us a call or stop by the shop, and Barry will be glad to help design your custom surfboard from scratch.
Since there are so many different types of surfers and so many different types of waves, I have found it unrealistic and unfair to try to automate an all-inclusive online order form. There is a wonderfully large variety of board models and options available for custom orders…. so I’ve decided to personalize things a bit more to meet your needs better.
You can set up a direct consultation with me by simply filling out the consultation request form below and I will contact you at the date and time you request, or if I am unavailable at that time,
then I’ll e-mail you promptly to set up a new appointment.
All boards can be made with polyester construction or Epoxy composite construction. Both constructions have various optional upgrades available (ie. Carbon/Kevlar). You can detail your construction preferences with Barry during the consultation.
Looking forward to hearing from you and detailing the magic board for you.
How do I order a Custom Surfboard?
Stop by our shop, call 1-760-435-0066, or order online and we will walk you through designing your custom board. Once your design is finalized, Barry will shape your board and that's it - pretty simple.
I'm not sure what kind of custom surfboard I need, can Barry help me decide?
Absolutely! The best thing about a custom surfboard is that Barry will work with you to create the perfect surfboard. Check out Barry's most popular models.
Do custom surfboards cost more?
NO! Most people think custom surfboards cost more, but that is NOT the case. A custom shaped surf board is the same price as a similar surfboard for sale "off the rack" at your local surf shop.
I have more questions!
No problem, give us a call at 1-760-435-0066, fill out consultation request form, or stop by the factory.
We are committed to making highest quality, custom surfboards, manufactured from start to finish in our factory in Oceanside, CA. Surfboards built by hand in the USA, using highest grade materials, are more costly and labor intensive to produce. Yet, this is the model that enables the shaper to maintain essential hands-on interaction with the design and production process, and which sustains the synergy of shaper and surfer for the best possible equipment.
How does a custom surfboard order work?
How does a custom surfboard order work?
- Barry will detail all aspects of your board design, model, dimensions, specs, fins, graphics, and price during this consultation & collaborate with you to get you dialed into the board that’s right for you.
- Custom orders are started with a down payment of 50%. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, DEBIT/CHECK CARD, money orders, wire transfers, and cash.
- We will process your down payment and e-mail you a detailed invoice showing the board specifications, and payment & shipping information.
- Custom orders are completed in 4-12 weeks, sometimes earlier. We will call or e-mail you when your board is nearly finished. At that time we will process final payment and arrange for pickup or shipping, depending upon your preference. Rush orders available for an extra charge depending on timeline.
- Feel free to check in with us at any time regarding the status of your custom order or with questions about accessories, the board, shipping, or anything else we can help you with. We offer a full line of board bags, tail pads, fins, leashes, ding repair, etc.
Barry Snyder Designs 760-435-0066